Sunday, June 19, 2005

29 days

We have received a reprieve from the swamp death, so this weekend was unbelievably beautiful. We took complete advantage of the weather and did a little hiking on Friday. We drove out to Great Falls, where we have been numerous times. This visit however, we ventured over to the Maryland side of the river. We hiked a path called the Billy Goat trail that kicked major ass. At one point we basically climbed a steep rock face. Awesome. From most of the path the views of the river were great.
I realized that the last time I went hiking was in the Cinque Terra, where the views were ridiculous, so the view of the Potomac was decent. However, the number of stinky, sweaty Europeans was nonexistent. Bonus points for that. The experience did make me want to get back on the road and travel again.

Our Trip is far enough in the past now that we can talk about heading out again. I keep remembering different parts of the journey and realize all the time how lucky I am. Every time I see pictures from cities we were in, or start reading a novel, or history book that took place in a country we visited, I am immediately happy. My life is great. I write that not to be obnoxious, but to acknowledge how lucky I am to be able to do things in life that I really want to. So, South America anyone?

Yesterday I spent the day lazily reading in the park. I am reading The Order of the Phoenix again (a la Ann) to get ready for the new Harry Potter. I am at the point where I know I could sit down and finish it, but I don't want it to end. So, I am breaking it up with some books that are a little bit heavier, and a little blogging.

Keep your fingers crossed for me because hopefully there is something happening this week that I have wanted to do for a long time. I don't want to say what it is because like the true Red Sox fan that I am, I fear that I will jinx it. I will tell you that it has nothing to do with the Red Sox, nor is it that big a deal. So, after Tuesday I will know for sure. Cryptic enough? I hope so.

Lastly, I love the photos of Dad wearing the World Series Ring. I love that his fingers are so big he had to put it on his pinky. Thanks Billy.

No comments: