Friday, July 15, 2005

A Plethora of Excitement

I don't really know what to do with myself this weekend. Harry Potter comes out at Midnight, and even though I am a total nerd I will not be waiting in line tonight. Saying that does make me feel better about getting my pre-ordered copy tomorrow, I've justified that as not being as nerdy. The new Willy Wonka opens today as well. I know, I know, it can't be as good as the first one. But, the Johnny Depp, Tim Burton, Danny Elfman combo has not let me down yet. I really want to go but I promised my friend Derek I would go with him and he is working tonight. OK, not kidding, Derek just called me while typing this to see if I was up for the matinee in an hour. Holy shit, my friends are just as nerdy as I am. Sweet. As if all this is not enough excitement it is a Sox Yankees weekend.

Alright, Willy Wonka here I come. I am leaving you with a little Harry Potter game to satisfy yor thirst until you get your books. Don't laugh, I know which ones of you have been sorted.


5 comments:

#2. (And not the way Dad means it) said...

While you were at your Willy Wonka flick or reading about your Muggles, Timmy and I were watching the World Series Champion Red Sox slam the Yankees 17-1. This rout included an 'in the park' home run by Trot 'round the bases' Nixon and a grand slam by 'are you kidding me that you are this good' Big Papi.

Timmy had his picture taken by no fewer than 3 people at the park who were thoroughly enjoying his mohawk. One woman (who was a hairdresser) was particularly enamored of his 'do' and asked her HUSBAND to take a picture of her with Timmy. The husband said 'dude, you have no idea. she spotted you two hours ago and has been staring at you and your mohawk ever since.'

Sounds like 'Desperate Housewives' BU Edition.

Just don't ask Tbone to tell you how he got home from the game because he doesn't remember much after the third inning ...

BTW, the crepes place in the south end is officially closed. It is now an oyster bar. Neil has been crying in his souffle for weeks.

number4of5 said...

I could tell the other night on the phone that Neil was really upset about the crepes place. Looks like he will have to settle for the Brighams in Hingham like the rest of the Muggles do.

I was stuck listening to the game on XM radio the other night because the braintrust at ESPN thought that women's softball seemed like more of a money maker.

Sounds like you guys had a fun time at the game, I am extremely jealous. I am really surprised that Timmy got drunk like that. Seems so unlike him.

number4of5 said...

So...It took until just now for me to get the "and not the way Dad means it joke." I was quite perplexed when I first read it, thinking what the hell is she talking about. Then, in the shower of all places, where most people do their great thinking, it for some reason clicked.

You funny.

Me slow.

#2 (and not the way dad means it) said...

The 'brilliance' of my humor lies in its subtleties ...

When are you going to start up the thingy that emails everybody once you have made a new post? I think that would be good.

When are you coming home?

number4of5 said...

I can't figure out how to email everyone when I post. I tried, but I think I can only email one person. If you would like I can just email you when I post.

I don't know when I can get home. If people stopped having babies around here I could get some time off. I am working on it, I will let you know.