Monday, August 08, 2005

"Ladies with an attitude, fellas that were in the mood..."



I love my Urban Family.

As of late I have been neglecting my DC friends. I luckily had dinner with Derek and Catherine tonight and it was much delayed, and much needed. I believe that you reach a point in your life where you start to weed out your friends. In you early 20's you have a larger group of friends that seem very important, but over time you discover what you are really looking for from your friends and focus on that. Through many trials and tribulations over the past four years Derek and Cat have been there for me, and I am truly grateful for that. Hell, Cat is a pioneer. A pioneer I tell you.

Everyone needs a night where they can go to their favorite cheap DC restaurant and discuss their lives over a liter and a half of Chianti. We had the same waiter tonight that took care of us on my birthday in 2002. He made quite an impression on us that night, as did many other events that evening that deserve their own blog post at some point. So we had a great time, compared our lives to key scenes in Gone With the Wind, did a lot of laughing, a little crying, and an appropriate amount of dancing. Commonweath Crossing didn't know what hit it. Neither did all the people walking on the P-tomac. Cat, Meaghan, Derek and his Jeep are a lethal combination. I was there the night that Derek and Catherine got engaged, and if I had a scanner I would post that picture up for you. My own personal Will and Grace. Does that make me Karen? That might make the most sense. I'm OK with that too. So thanks to you both for an awesome night.

My favorite guy is playing some of my favorite songs on his guitar, so I am ending this. He was there for that B-Day in 2002 as well. Seems like just yesterday...

No comments: