Sunday, August 21, 2005

"Take my picture by the pool, cause I'm the next big thing..."

I am back in DC, back to the humidity, the mosquitoes, the West nile virus they found in my neighborhood, work, the mess I left our apartment, and the head cold that I brought with me from the west coast. Damn, is this coming off as exciting as it really is?

I took a crapload of pictures, as I always do. Lived several hundred great stories, some of which I will share with you in due time. Overall the trip was a blast and I wish it could have lasted longer. Most importantly I was able to clear my head, despite the cold, because there is nothing like a good road trip to feed your soul. The difference between traveling by car vs. backpacking and taking trains is very significant. You get to see a wider array of places in the car, but you do not get to feel the intimacy of a place like you do while hoofing it. The pace of the train appeals to me more. As much as I love to travel I hate flying. I am just thankful I have someone to hold my hand during takeoff.

Alas, reality is waiting here for me. I hope to postpone it until at least morning.

And just for the record it is a drawing not a painting.

No comments: