Friday, September 09, 2005

30-20

As my niece says "Go, Go Patriots!"

The Pats started off the year the same way the ended the last, with a win. Time will tell if they can handle loosing key players and coaches, but right now they are the winningest team of the season. I am so sick of people trying to talk smack to me about the Patriots. Get over your jealousy people. We have won 3 of the last 4 super bowls, and if we can do it again this season it will be number 4 of 5. This has always worked well for me. I promise you that there is nothing worse than a Redskins fan trying to tell you how great the 'skins are going to be this season. Blah, blah, blah. Someone tried to tell me this week that Joe Gibbs is a better coach than Bill Belichick. Hmmm. Yeah. You can always have hope I guess.

This week marks the one year anniversary of our two month trip to Europe. I fully cannot believe that it has been a year. One of my best friends just came back from a two week trip abroad and it was so fun to look at his pictures and hear his stories. Our first stop, about this time last year, was in Dublin. For the few days prior to the trip I could not sleep very well. So most of Dublin was a big jet lagged blur. I do remember that on one of our first days there we walked into Christ Church and found a priest that was giving a tour. He took a group of about 20 people down into the stone cellar and was discussing different historical objects. The room was very, very quiet while we listened to him speak. I was doing everything within my power not to fall asleep standing up. I think I was concentrating so hard on not closing my eyes that the rest of body forgot what it was doing, and I farted. Just a small little fart, but in the quiet stone cellar of the church the noise kind of traveled, and it scared the piss out of me. I was mortified. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Dave turn his head towards me. I did not flinch, not a move, I just kept staring straight ahead like nothing happened. I knew that I could fool Dave into believing it was the girl next to me, everyone else might think it was her too. And it worked. He had no idea it was me until we walked outside and I started laughing uncontrollably. Oops. I blame it on the jet lag.

No comments: