Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I'm Sorry

I would like to publicly apologize to any of my family or friends who have been engaged. I am sorry if I ever asked you about your wedding plans, I really am. I am especially sorry if I asked you about your wedding plans within a month of you being engaged. I never realized how much of an ass I was being. I should of just been happy that you were happy.

The thing is, I am going to full on body slam the next person who asks me when I am getting married. I know that they mean well, but I will, with the full force of my body, knock them to the ground. I have spent the better part of the day floating around with excitement. If gazing off into space, or staring at one's hand, were an Olympic sport, I would have won a gold metal by now. However, every time someone asked me about the wedding, I remembered that I actually had to plan it. Getting married will be fun. Planning the wedding, not so fun.

So I am sorry if I put a dent in anyone's floating by using the W or M words. I know better now.

3 comments:

aisling said...

Cry me a fucking river, I feel so bad for you.

You have a valid point. I mean, the only reason that I care that you are getting married is because you and Dave are so happy - are you crazy? Now - seriously, the only reason I care about that ring on your finger is because I can't wait for the ridiculous booze up that I am due for having to put with with such a lame ass couple for three years, half of which root for the dirty dirty red sox who got there asses kicked last night 14 - 2. Funny how your blog hasn't updated that score yet. So, when are you getting married?

number4of5 said...

Wow Aisling, you seem pretty confident that you are getting invited.

Andren said...

It gets worse. It begins to feel like an episode of fish-bowl TV...people continue to peer in at you and bombard you with questions. This can continue ad naseum despite the fact that you've done everything you can to indicate that you have nothing new to talk about, don't want to talk about it anymore. Then, when you are officially hitched, the topic turns to kids.

Go Sawks. The Red one's that is.