Monday, October 31, 2005

There is only one problem, we're on the fifth floor

I was baptized on Halloween, does that explain anything to you?

I forgot how amazing New England looks in the fall. It's silly really. The colors of the trees contrasting with the crisp blue sky, accented by what seems like miles of stone fences- It is what fall should be like everywhere. Fall is OK here. The leaves change, but they do not have the same bold color they do back home. This weekend was very typical of fall in Red Sox territory, snow on Saturday that did not accumulate more than an inch, but did seriously restrict visibility, and then be-you-tea-full on Sunday, in the mid 60's. Oh, I will not bore you with how much I miss home.

I've decided that I am going to throw aside my lofty academic goals and do an in depth study of the people that you come across at highway rest stops. It is bad enough that you must share space with these dregs of humanity while you are peeing/getting food/filling up your tank. But when you sit back and realize that these are the morons that are driving at high speed near you on the road, that is when it really starts to freak me out.

Despite all the fun and exciting things I did this weekend with my peeps, I am going to forgo those stories for what probably is the cinematic event of our lifetime: R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet. I have seen this insanity before, but a new installment came out this past week and my sister TiVo'd the whole thing. Yes TiVo is a verb. Now this story can only be savored if you know my sister, in summary, she is the LAST person on earth you would expect to TiVo an urban Operetta. A connoisseur of pop culture she is not. So when she played the whole thing for Me, Dave and her husband we were all a little dumbfounded. When I die, and I reach the gates of heaven, I am going to beg for that half an hour back. Just that half hour, everything else has been great. Yes Jenn, it was awesome. But awesome in a horribly frightening kind of way. If you have lived under a rock for the past few months and would like a recap of this craziness, here are the Cliff Notes. Be warned that there are seven chapters, but only five in the summary. If you would like to know more, email me, and I can forward all inquiries to my sister.

Now I need to go find my Beretta so I can hunt down Larry Lucchino.

No comments: