Thursday, October 20, 2005

The time I knew what happiness was

The Red Sox won the ALCS in the Bronx a year ago today.

I took this photo the previous day from our balcony, so this is the view I had the morning of that game.

Photo23-8

I actually left this insanely beautiful town so I could go watch the ultimate battle of good vs. evil. They had no internet here. Who needs the internet when you live in a place this pretty I guess. If any part of you thinks that I am crazy, I don't care, cause you don't get it.

This is an excerpt of an email I sent after the empire was defeated:
We beat the Yankees. We beat George, pretty boy Jeter, Mariano "I´m not so scary" Rivera, the over priced ex-MVP (as Neil described him) A-Fraud, and most importantly to me rat face Posada. This feels good, really, really good.

Hell, we are not in the race right now, but that game still makes me feel really, really good.

I think it always will.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Gorgeous photo! What a view.

the belligerent intellectual said...

What town is that? It looks like one of those villages you set up at Christmas.

number4of5 said...

Jenny- Thank you, this place was so pretty I really didn't have to do much.

Belligerent- This is Hallstatt, a small town in the Austrian alps. It felt like we were in one of those Christmas villages. I can't wait to go back, hopefully not during baseball season.