Thursday, November 03, 2005

Can't say baby where I'll be in a year

The day that I started my new job is the exact same day that I came back from my jaunt around the continent last year. I only know this for sure because I was filing out all the paperwork to show the US government that I am not an Englishman in New York, and had to bust out the old passport. I don't believe in coincidences, so this must mean something. Well, besides that I am crazy anyway.

So far so good at the grind. The highlights so far in no particular order-I am not in an office building, it is a converted old town house, which is important to me. I loath office buildings and everything that they represent. I have two giant windows that face the south so I get mucho sun light. I also have a fireplace in my office which may or may not be functional, but is very aesthetically pleasing. I love the neighborhood- not one, but two independent book stores within a three block radius!! I could stop right there. I also ate at a little restaurant today that reminds me of Charlie's, and I love me some Charlie's. Not to mention the various drinking establishments that are conveniently located between work and the Metro. That will come in handy.

I am finding it difficult to adjust to my knew schedule change, and the best way to describe it is that I feel jet lagged. At least I have not been farting in any churches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
number4of5 said...

I just found the third bookstore. I really am in heaven.