Monday, November 14, 2005

I sleep in the daytime, I work in the nighttime

0157810-R1-018-7A
The best time to view the monuments in DC is at night. When my brother was in town a few months back, we strolled around and I took some shots. Despite how steady I think my hand is most of them did not come out. No surprise there.

0157810-R1-068-32A

However, I kept thinking about some of the photos I took. Call me crazy, but some of them were haunting me. I needed to go back. So, I did. This time I took my new fancy tripod and things turned out much better. I focused on the World War Two memorial on this particular trip.
0157810-R1-050-23A

For the most part I am pretty happy. There still are some things I would fix and I will go back and fix them. Now that baseball season is over I have a lot more time on my hands. The rest are over on flickr if you want to look.

4 comments:

carolyn said...

these are really great dude, i'm totally impressed. on my own (pathetic) trip to DC i took some cool B&Ws of the vietnam wall & korea memorial but nothing at night, or nothing that turned out to my memory... i did go at night tho because i had heard how cool it was and indeed i loved it. altho the person i was with was a total scaredy cat walking the streets late as somehow altho the monuments were crowded the street we walked on was empty. she lives in NY so i don't know what her problem was!

allison said...

I went there with my bro a few months ago too, and it was really moving. Beautiful photos, btw.

jenny said...

Really gorgeous photos! You were meant to be a creature of the night, clearly. Watch out for garlic and wooden stakes, though.

number4of5 said...

Thank you ladies.

I am always a little leery of walking through the monuments at night alone, mainly because there are so many tress and you never know who could be hiding. However, my tripod makes a very an excellent weapon.

And then there is the whole sucking their blood thing...