Saturday, December 03, 2005

Experimental Prague

experimental

Normally, I never touch up my pictures. I might crop something, but I rarely ever edit the color, or fix it in any way so it "looks better." I fell like it is cheating. For me, getting the right shot is a game. If I don't get it right the first time I can always go back and try again. Now I am not saying that other people shouldn't use GIMP, or Photo Shop, or whatever other software they have. I don't do it because if I did, and hung the product on my wall, every time I looked at it I would feel like it was a ruse. Taking photos is a challenge for me, sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. Regardless, I keep playing until I get it right.

Now, the Photo Friday category this week is experimental. This photo always bugged me because the original is a little blurry. So, as a little experiment, I played around with the photo software that lives in my computer, but I never use. What you see here is a tricked out version of the Old Town Hall Tower in Prague. In this case, I would much rather go back and get a nonblurry version, but that will have to wait.

6 comments:

Fly Girl said...

I know what you mean about getting the shot right. And an unblurry shot would be great.

HOWEVER -- this stylized version is kinda fun! Maybe not for hanging on the wall, but it's great for a blog post.

Houseboy said...

it's almost been three weeks since the last side blog. i miss them :-(

number4of5 said...

FlyGirl- I have to admit, it was fun to play around with the color. I did one just like this, but the colors are all varying shades of blue. This is not my normal picture thing, but you are right it does work for the blog.

number4of5 said...

Dave- Just for you, new posts in sideblog.

I truely hope you appreciate all the things I do to make you happy.

Numero Uno said...

Nice picture....this is better than blury.....Was thinking I might need to fly you home to take my holiday card photo's...... can't seem to top yours.....

I agree with TJ...have missed the side blog as well......saw the link to "if this is true......" was afraid it was the horse sex thing on Boston.com ....think the squirrel thing is worse.........

number4of5 said...

That horse sex thing was really disturbing. So disturbing I will link to it now.

Kris, anytime you want to fly me home to take pictures I am all yours. However, I think you do a great job with your own photos my dear.