Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year

I have been getting a lot of emails this week from my readers asking me about Christmas. It seems that with the holiday approaching you guys have been wondering what to get for me. Most of the emails have been really sweet, but the following is my favorite:

Dear Number4of5,

I have never commented on your blog before, but I have been reading it for months now. I subscribe to your RSS feed and look forward to seeing that you have updated, and the days that you don't update are a bit cloudy for me. The words that you choose to describe your life are amazing- I wish that I could express myself in that way. My cat Snoodles, she reads your blog as well, and some days we just laugh and laugh together at all the funny things you write. Some days I just wonder if people realize how funny you really are! Snoodles loves your photographs. I love them too, but she can't seem to get enough of them. Most afternoons she can be found lying in front of the computer starring at all the pretty pictures. My Snoodles knows good art!

Well, I hope I am not bothering you, but I have a question to ask you. Snoodles and I have been thinking that it really isn't fair that we get so much enjoyment out of your blog, and you get nothing in return. I mean all the time and thought you must put into it just for us. It really is so selfless of you. That is why Snoodles and I would like to get you a Merry Christmas present. It would be our way of saying thank-you for the hours and hours of enjoyment that you have brought to our home this year. You really have been such a blessing to us.

So please, let me know if there is anything that you need. Money is no object, I, I mean, Snoodles and I, cannot repay you enough.

Sincerely yours,

Miss Suzie M****** and Snoodles


WOW!! I don't even know what to say to that! It was so nice, all the emails made me feel really good. Thank you, all of you. I wish I had room here to share all of them. I feel so lucky. I don't even know where to begin...

However, I just don't have time to respond to each individual email, so I thought I would just make it real simple and give you guys a post. Now, I know that shipping may get a little crazy, so just email me for my address and we can figure it out that way. First, I think you guys know that I have wanted a scanner for a really long time. And since Dave can't seem to figure out that scanners are a girl's best friend, I will be more than happy to accept it from you. Ground rules: no flatbed scanners and no all-in-one scanner/printers they're crap. I want a slide scanner. Preferably this Nikon version.

Next up, I love my camera, I really do, but I want to play around with digital. I will not accept any point and shoot bullshit. I want a Nikon SLR digital camera so I can change up the lenses when I feel fit. Make it the D2X, the D2H, or if you can't swing those the D50. Speaking of lenses, I won't take the quantaray crap they try to pawn off on you at the store, make it a Nikkor or don't even bother.

This should be a good "starter" list for you. I also take gift certificates to Barnes and Noble, J.Crew, Banana Republic, and iTunes. And only those, I don't need a gift certificate I can't use.

Really, thank you all so much for the emails and the love! You are the nicest group of readers any blogger could ask for. It isn't about the gifts, it is about us sharing our time together online, anonymously. I cherish every second of it.

Just make sure the shit is here by the 25th.

5 comments:

Numero Uno said...

Thanks for the list and be sure to give Snoodles a kiss from me!!!

number4of5 said...

If would love to give Snoodles a kiss too, but that is just impossible since I actually haven't met him. I think that is what you meant.

You are welcome for the list. I hope that is why you were confirming my address this morning.

jenny said...

I actually want to get you everything on your list, but don't have time to do the shopping so I'll just wire the money to your account. I'll just need you to email me your bank acct number, Social Security number, and mother's maiden name.

Merry Xmas!

Snoodles said...

meow

number4of5 said...

jenny-I'm not that slow. I know your tricks. You want all that information just so you don't have to go to the store.