Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mr. Telephone Man there is something wrong with my line

If you call my work phone number and I am not there, please go ahead and leave me a message. I would love to talk to you, but I am probably just away from my desk. I could be in a meeting, or out to lunch, or placing a fax, or sometimes I even go to the bathroom. So just speak into the phone and leave me a recorded message. I know that voice mail is fairly new technology and all, so I don't mind explaining it. I will even explain it again if you call my line and reach my voicemail. See, I can leave this recording of my voice, some people call it a voicemail box, and it will let you know that you reached the right number. On that message you can hear me say my name and my department, as well as my request that you leave me your name and your phone number. So please, go right ahead and leave me all of your information. As soon as I get back to my desk, I will then listen to that recording and obtain your phone number. With your phone number in hand I will then be able to call you back. Amazing, isn't it?

However, if I have to play back that voicemail message more than three times to understand your phone number, chances are I ain't callin' your ass back. If you really wanted to talk to me, you would have left a coherent message that did not sound like a micro machines commercial. K?

Talk to you soon!

6 comments:

Houseboy said...

Where's the Theo news??? You're a slacker.

number4of5 said...

I am holding off on getting excited about the Theo until he does something productive, like say, get us some pitching. Or, maybe a shortstop. Or, perhaps a centerfielder. And while we are at it a leadoff guy would be nice.

I am happy that Theo is back, I just wish that he never left in the first place.

Numbah2 said...

Let's not pretend that everything is so perfect on your end of this voice mail experience.
Has anyone LISTENED to the freaky voice that connects you to your extension? I encourage everyone to actually call you at work and when you enter your extension number you will be greeted by the voice of a drunk southern woman.
Maybe that is why you find your voice mail messages less than satisfactory.

number4of5 said...

To be clear- I am not the drunk southern woman. Besides the fact that this makes me happy on so many, many levels, my message is coherant.

I will give you the fact that I just changed my message back from my out of office message about a week late. However, people should still leave their phone numbers so I can understand them.

number4of5 said...

I also have no idea who that voice is.

Lenman said...

I agree on your last paragraph there. That's one of my biggest peeves...