Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So you take a picture of something you see

It has been unseasonably warm here in DC, and as much as I want it to snow I can't really complain. I enjoy having the chance to go out and take night shots without freezing my bowling muscle off.

Stand

Not only does the National Mall look amazing at night with the lights and the lack of tourists, but it can also be a pretty funny place. The other night I scared the crap out of a woman who I am fairly convinced thought my tripod was a weapon. I was walking towards the Lincoln Memorial down a dark path when she saw me, yelped and ran towards her kids. In her defense I was carrying it under my arm and it could have looked like an uzi in the dark, this is DC after all you never know, but it was funny once she realized that I was not a gun wielding monster.

Or am I?



This is Independence Ave. facing east. You can see the Jefferson Memorial in the background on the right.



Lastly, the Einstein Memorial. The rest are over on flickr if you care to take a look.

Oh, and just ask my sister, she can tell you what the first one is.

2 comments:

Numero Uno said...

Be sure to bring said photo equipment home this weekend....not looking to scare any of teh neighbors - just looking for good photos of the girls! How can I get a copy of Independence Ave for my office???? Sweeeet!!!

number4of5 said...

No worries. I know people, who know people who can get that done for you.