Thursday, February 09, 2006

The World is Ending

I have proof. If this isn't proof, I don't know what is.

Our good friend R.Kelly was nominated for a Grammy Award in the Best Long Form Music Video category. I am going to repeat that in case you think you read that wrong, R.Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet" was nominated for a Grammy. If you don't believe me, which should be the normal human reaction, just follow that first link and scroll all the way to the bottom. There you will find our friend R. next to The Ramones, Bruce Springsteen, Brian Wilson and Bob Dylan.

Now, I love "Trapped in the Closet" as much as anyone else. Come on, where else can you find a closeted gay minister walking in on his wife having an affair with a guy whose wife is also having an affair who keeps whipping his baretta around until he shoots her brother who doesn't need to go to the hospital he just needs to go to the bathroom. Seriously, that is some good shit. But a Grammy?? Can you even believe who his fellow nominees are? It's not like he was up against Ashley Simpson or something.

We are all doomed.

3 comments:

NTS said...

There's only one problem. We on the fifth floor.

she's so blase said...

Oddly enough, my reaction to this is the exact same reaction I had when I first saw a Trapped in the Closet episode, which was, "This has got to be a joke, right?!?"

allison said...

I think it should be nominated for an Oscar, but that is just me.