Wednesday, March 22, 2006

In response to my sister's feisty little email

I just found this gem in my inbox from my sister:

"How is it that you haven't blogged about:
(a) the Arroyo trade;
(b) the Vinatieri trade; or
(c) Soriano's refusal to play center field?
What happened to the role of sports on your blog?
Its all elephants and mini coopers for you, isn't it?"

Yes, I am aware that all these terrible, stank nasty things are happening in sports right now. (Eh tu, Vinatieri?)

Yes, I know that the official start of baseball season is in twelve days.

No, I have not given up.

As some of you may recall I took the Johnny Damon thing hard. In fact I am still in denial about the whole thing, bastard. So, in order to give my heart and my nerves a little rest I have been on a bit of a hiatus. I have been paying attention, but not really letting myself get too emotional. Baseball season is a long six months people, cut a sister some slack.

I will be back don't you worry.

In the mean time, get your own damn blog and stop worrying about my content.

Oh and just for you my sister, an elephant getting in a mini. Suck it.

5 comments:

Numbah 2 said...

An elephant in a mini is pretty good, but if you had Soriano, Arroyo and A-Rod kissing an elephant in a mini while Vinatieri kicks a field goal from the hood - now that would be clever.

Glad I can still get your guff up, sister.

NTS said...

I'm waiting for the day when VW replaces the Mini Cooper as the official car of this blog after VW gives you a better contract offer.

number4of5 said...

Numbah 2..I'm glad my guff makes you so happy. What I am picturing Vinatieri kicking is a lot funnier.

NTS...I will never cut my hair for a VW. Never, you got that.

Fly Girl said...

Denial is a wonderful survival mechanism. And when you work your way through that, there's always avoidance.

It's going to be a long, painful, 6-month road to recovery.

number4of5 said...

Avoidance, that would be a good one to try if I wasn't addict to the Red Sox like a crack whore is to the pipe. I fear their is no recovery in my future.