Monday, April 03, 2006

A very Merry Unbirthday

I usually make a big deal of my half birthday. And by big deal I mean telling everyone that I come across throughout the day that it is my half birthday, like I am six. I can't really explain the significance of this holiday, except that clearly I just like talking about myself.

This year however, I completely forgot. Nothing. I did not even think about it once today, or anytime this past week. I typed the date at least twenty five times today. What the hell? Perhaps it is because I am staring thirty down like a bad western.

The only reason that I do know that it is my half birthday, is because mon petit ami surprised me with flowers on my way in the door. After three plus years he knows me better than I do.

That is good people right there.

5 comments:

numero uno said...

Happy half birthday my sista!!

NIce work houseboy - Thanks for putting up with all of us!! :)

allison said...

Aww, lucky.

So, like, today is totally my unbirthday, too! Not my half-birthday, just my unbirthday.

And, hey! Tomorrow is my unbirthday, too!

Thank you for this. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Big Kahuna said...

Congrats, just remember it's every one else in the tribes unbirthday, house boy is realy on top of things, soon you can start counting aniversities like me, remember this year will be the twenty second aniversity on my thirty nineth bday.

momduke5 said...

A very happy unbirthday to you...a very happy unbirthday to you...so glad to see you forget like me...you'll get a cake on Oct 3

allison said...

Dude! My REAL birthday is Oct. 3! Can I get a cake, too?