Sunday, June 04, 2006

Not your average bear

We watched King Kong this weekend, topping off a long movie watching fiesta binge week. Most of the movie was OK, not good, but OK. There was a very long scene where the giant gorilla battled three T-Rexes. Your basic real life action adventure. The sequence reminded me of my little brother, and how as a kid he used berate my Dad with fictitious animal match ups. "Dad, if a crocodile and a tiger got into a fight who would win?" Or, "If a panda and a gazelle were wrestling in a giant pool of jello who would win?" The animals would get crazier and crazier, until my father would get annoyed and stop answering. My favorite was when he would add humans into the mix, and Hulk Hogan was a name I heard tossed into the battle cage more than once. Tim pitted the Hulk up against every animal imaginable, in an age before Fox ever dreamed of Man vs. Beast. If only we realized then that the little freak was on to something.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

that is like my cousin's little boy and the constant superhero vs. superhero matching. if batman and the fantastic four... if someone i've never heard of vs. someone i've never heard of...

:)