Sunday, August 20, 2006

In the streets of Delaware, I swear

Matt's friend

This first photo is my entry for Photo Friday, "Friend."

We went to the beach again this weekend, but this time we went to Delaware. I am on a never ending quest to find a beach that I like in this area. Ocean City didn't work out so well for me. The Outer Banks are great, but it is too far away for a quick trip. So, we gave Delaware a shot and the results were mixed. We went to a beach in a state park thinking that it wouldn't be as crowded, but we were dead wrong. It was packed. So packed that is became a nightmare. Maybe I am spoiled, but I will never understand how people can like being at the beach when there are people packed in like sardines all around them. I have accepted my beach snobbiness, and I know that I have big expectations, but even this was beyond the realm of normal crowdedness. I know, I know, it was a Saturday in August what can I expect?? I know. But I have been to beaches that aren't, and I just want to find them here.

The highlight of the trip was his little town that we found in Delaware, called Lewes.
Canal in Lewes, DE

We walked a round for a while, ate dinner on the harbor, bought homemade ice cream, etc. Basically all the things you should do while in a beach town. We found this new agey labyrinth thingy near the church. We each took turns walking through it, and the brochure said that it would bring us inner peace.
Labyrinth

I didn't buy into it, but then I went to get in the car. As I opened the door, and went to sit down, I realized that it was the wrong car. I had so much peace that I didn't know where I was. Or, as Lauren decided, I had so much peace that I could unlock random doors. I am just glad that the owner of the car didn't see me.

Overall it was a great trip. We climbed an old WWII watch tower, watched dolphins swimming yards away from us, napped on the beach, and ate like pigs. It was fun.

Oh, I almost forgot, I loved this building, and just want to post a picture of it. I liked it that much.
Zwaanendael Museum Lewes, DE
There are more photos on flickr.

5 comments:

lites5150 said...

not even a word about the playmobile pirate? that thing would scare the crap out of me if I was that kid.

a beard made of plastic...pants borrowed from Kevin Dubrow...hands that could go all the way around your throat...

was there a big smooth horse next to him too?

momduke5 said...

Your pictures are beuutiful!!(sounds like cate)as usual...but think back to all those rides "WHEREVER THE CAR TAKES US" and we often tried to get to beaches that were different only to see private lane, residence only,town sticker necessary, etc...that is why the public beaches are so crowded. Lucky for the public beaches! Keep sending the pictures it's great to see the world thru your eyes and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as I tried to get into the wrong car last week.

Anonymous said...

i swear you listen to too much 3SP

number4of5 said...

Lites..I did not even notice the scary, scary hands until you mentioned them. But now that you have, I can't stop looking at them and thinking about how the plastic would feel wrapped around my throat. Thanks. And dude, sweet Quiet Riot reference on the blog. I totally had to google that.

Mom...I can see you trying to get in the wrong car. And I am hearing the apple fall in my head. Does this mean I am going to be falling into ditches, or stumbling in the street when I am older? I might need to start investing in padding now.

Anonymous...I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on the 3SP reference...is there such a thing as too much 3SP? I mean, come on...

Pop Princess said...

The playmobile guy was my favorite part. That brings back some memories. ....looks like someone ran away with his can of beer and he hasn't noticed yet.