Sunday, October 29, 2006

Did I mention the champagne?

Versailles
We saw the movie Marie Antoinette the other night, and I can't stop thinking about it. I can't really tell you how historically accurate the movie is, but it doesn't matter. Who goes to the movies for history anyway? The movie is all about the scenery, the clothes, the pastries, the champagne, and the music. It is essentially Kristin Dunst frolicking around Versailles, trying on all sorts of amazing clothes, eating every imaginable sweet looking thing, drinking champagne, while 80's new wave is playing in the background. And how awesome does that sound? I can't think of a better movie idea.

I heart Versailles. Seeing the grounds, and the building made me want to go back. $20 at the movies theater is a hell of a lot cheaper than a trip to France, so I will be happy with the fix I got from the big screen. For now. Yes, for now.
Photo16-14

1 comment:

carolyn said...

were you not totally ravenous for cupcakes and cake and and eclairs, and maybe straight frosting, and sugar and anything sweet and luscious after that movie? i was!!! :)