Sunday, December 17, 2006

This is NPR

I'm a big NPR fan. I recently discovered the music page on their web site, and I am even more in love. Go ahead, dive right in check it out. If you are looking for a few good places to start, try listening to Josh Ritter live in studio. Or, Ray Lamontagne live in concert from this past Monday night at the 9:30 club in D.C. Or, you can sit your office paying bills and listen to Damien Rice, live from this past Friday, like I am right now. I just realized that all three of these men have graced the stage at Iota, before they started charging $40 for shows and I stopped paying their high prices. I still love them, but now I get them free on NPR. The Open Mic page allows you to check out some great bands that aren't charging $40 yet, like one of my favorites Middle Distance Runner. After all, you can't beat free. I love the internet.

2 comments:

she's so blase said...

Random Thoughts:
I saw 34th street in Baltimore featured on an HGTV Special of the Biggest, Most Spectacular Holiday Light Displays acrosst he US. I felt very informed to have already know about it via your blog.
Also, I came across this iTunes Musical Signature maker. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems kind of cool, and given your love of music, it sounded like something that might interest you: http://www.jasonfreeman.net/itsm/

number4of5 said...

SSB...I like to think of my blog as a major news source, right up there with NBC and the BBC. I am glad this worked for you. I am in the know, remember that.

This iTunes thing is totally up my alley. I will let you know what happens!!!