Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's official, we have both lost our minds

As I type this, Dave is sitting in our living room using the laptop to leave comments on my flickr pictures. This would be normal if I wasn't sitting in our office reading the comments on the computer as he posts them. If someone were to break into our apartment, and bitch slap us right now, it would justified.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with Lis today over lunch, about how technology has changed our lives in so many ridiculous ways. How fast things happen, and change, and the new ways we communicate. How the cool new thing from last year is already outdated. It was a good talk, you should have been there. I am a few, OK, like five, years older than Lis, so when I shared with her what I am about to tell you I felt like a dinosaur. When I first went to college I took a word processor with me. A word processor. And it was a nice one too because it had a small screen and you could save what you were working on. It was so nice that people used to want to borrow it. Dinosaur. Oh yeah, this was in the nineties. That isn't that long ago.

Not to quote Ferris Bueller, but life moves pretty fast. Our spawn are going to think that leaving comments on the computer is like using a messenger pigeon.

9 comments:

Houseboy said...

Good post babe. Hey, can you turn down the music in the office?

Number 4 of 5 said...

We are pathetic. It really is like passing notes in school.

egrant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lis said...

Actually 7 years older, but who's counting? Don't feel bad about you and Dave. Christine and I sometimes instant message each other while sitting on the same couch.

Number 4 of 5 said...

Ouch. That stung. In my head I was only 29, and gave I you an extra year. I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Number 4 of 5 said...

Is it also bad that I just IM'd you to tell you I read your comment.

Lis said...

Oh, see we have to stay friends. It's really too much effort to cut you out of my online life. And removing someone from their myspace top 8 is too dramatic.

Number 4 of 5 said...

Agreed. That is the social equivalent of public stoning.

carolyn said...

i took a typewriter to college. ;) i think i got it for christmas one year pre-college.