Monday, February 26, 2007

So I try a little Freddie, I've gone Identity Mad

I cannot stop listening to "Grace Kelly" by MIKA. Dave introduced me to him a few weeks ago, and his songs are addictive. He isn't on Pandora yet which is annoying, but you can get it on iTunes. It is bop your head around feel good music. And that is exactly what I am doing right now.

On a different note (pun definitely, and most obnoxiously intended) Elvis Perkins is my other music addiction at the moment. "While You Were Sleeping" is the single, but the whole album is just plain beautiful. Not what you would expect from the son of Norman Bates, on an album about the death of his mother, who died on September 11th. But, it really is brilliant. Definitely worth a listen to.

5 comments:

lites said...

I saw this video a few weeks ao & thought that he would make a great replacement for Freddie Mercury!

Number 4 of 5 said...

He would make a perfect Freddy! I fear that my burnout of this song will be happen rapidly, but right now I am loving it.

Clarkson said...

By Dave, do you mean Perez?

Number 4 of 5 said...

Dave was actually a few weeks ahead of Perez, thank you very much. He is way into that Brit Pop Gay scene.

Clarkson said...

Just as a fiance should be.