Sunday, March 25, 2007

It's a beautiful day

Most cultures have annual rituals that celebrate life, and help mark the passage of time. Brazil has Carnival, Spain has the Running of the Bulls, you get the idea. I have my own annual springtime ritual that I like to call "The wearing of the polos." That event started today. This ritual is closely connected to another springtime event, "The buying of more polos."

Today was one of the best days I have had in a long time. It was a sunny, gorgeous day that went something like this:

Woke up.
Watched the episode of "I Love Lucy" where she went into labor. Hysterical.
Started "The wearing of the polos."
Ate a Boston Creme Doughnut, a.k.a. the king of the doughnuts.
Walked around the zoo with Dave.
Took this picture:

Hippo teeth

Did I mention how nice it was outside?
Walked down into Woodley Park and ate lunch on a patio.
Drove home, threw the baseball around the yard.
Dusted my bike off in the basement, and rode down to the GW Parkway trail.
Watched the remaining sunlight dance off the Potomac.
Came home, read on the lanai.
Ate ice cream.

This day would have been perfect, if there was a baseball game on tonight. Alas, I will have to wait another week for that.

No comments: