Sunday, April 08, 2007

May the peeps be with you

The Washington Post, one of the most respected newspapers in the country, recently held a Peeps Diorama Contest. The winners were announced today, and as I was reviewing the photos of the greatest peep dioramas in the land, one thought kept reoccurring to me. With all of these grown adults, holding down professional jobs, spending a ridiculous amount of time putting these things together, how did I not know about this before today?!?! Seriously, I cannot believe that I did not enter this contest. Just think of the possibilities!

You should really take the time to see the photographs of the winning dioramas. My favorite is #7, "I gave her my heart, she gave me a peep." I am still laughing about it. I would love to see more of these.

3 comments:

she's so blase said...

I am simultaneously thinking this is the most bizarre, and yet, the coolest thing ever! As I was looking through the photos, I thought "Peep Fiction" would have a lot of possibilities, but then I saw "Reservoir Peeps" and thought it might have been done. Let me know how it goes next year, I'm fascintated by the whole prospect.

P/S If I don't get a chance to say it before the "Big Day" much luck, love and happiness to you both!!
Having been in your shoes fairly recently, the best advice I can offer you (which you didn't ask for, but I'm giving anyway) is this...
Don't stress, you've got the best support system, and no matter what happens, or doesn't happen, at the end of the day, you and Dave are going to be married, nothing matters but that.

Lis said...

Hi-larious!

Number 4 of 5 said...

SSB...Thank you so much! You are very sweet, and completely right, nothing matters besides the fact that I am marrying Dave. Or, nothing plus the ring he proposed to me with. Him, and the ring, that is all I want/need.

OK, and a few cool pictures...

Lis...indeed. Indeed.