Monday, April 23, 2007

One if by land, two if by sea, three if you run into Derek Jeter on your wedding night

So, I am married now. It feels a lot like not being married, but with more jewelry.

There is a list 8 miles long of all the amazing things that happened this past weekend. It is unclear how many of those things I will share here. I will say that every bride should feel the way I felt on Saturday. That may sound like a bunch of malarkey, but when they make movies about people getting married, and you sit there and watch them, and think to yourself, "That is too ridiculous, things this good don't happen in real life," I am here to tell you that it isn't crazy, our wedding was that awesome. I mean, all joking aside, we really did run into Derek Jeter last night. Who else would be in there wedding dress and run into Jeter? Seriously.

As a wedding present, my brother gave Dave and I his seats to the Red Sox game tonight. And just to show you one small example of how my entire weekend went, this wasn't just any Red Sox game. This was the first Red Sox/Yankees series of the year. It was the first time I saw Dice-K pitch. It was the first time in 17 years that the Red Sox have swept the Yankees at home. They beat them by hitting...
back...
to back...
to back...
to back home runs.
This was only the fifth time that 4 home runs in a row have happened in baseball history. The last time was 1964. And we were there, in the mix of the Fenway frenzy, soaking up every single amazing second of it. And for me to say that this game tonight was only one small example of how my weekend went, should help you realize how awesome it truly was.

I am so, so very lucky. I have a lot of amazing people in my life, who took such good care of me this past week. Any words I could find for describing how awesome these people are would feel false. And posting them here would feel too insincere. I guess I just want to convey that I hope that every man, woman, and child, at some point in their existence on this earth, feels the way that I have felt this past weekend.

Life is good.

5 comments:

carolyn said...

congratulations!!!!

Lenman said...

Congratulations!!!

Number 4 of 5 said...

Thank you both!! I am wicked happy!

Stuck in the middle said...

P.S. I am drunk at your wedding

Number 4 of 5 said...

Nice.