Thursday, May 17, 2007

I've got two tickets to paradise

I have never been horseback riding. I have always wanted to, but I have just never made the time. Don't feel too bad for me, I have ridden an elephant more than once, oh, and a camel too. I have ridden elephants and camels, but no horses...I lead an interesting life. My sister-in-law grew up riding, and she even owns a horse. The rub is, the horse lives in California, which doesn't make him very easy to ride from east coast. She and I talk about riding all the time, and we have tried to schedule a ride locally, but it has just never happened. Where am I going with this you ask? Well, I really, really want to go horseback riding and this weekend I will get that chance. Dave and I are going horseback riding in a few days...Horseback riding on the beach...On a beach in St. Lucia. We even get to swim with the horses. Swimming on a beach, in St. Lucia, with a horse. Does it get more awesome than that?!

Now that finals are done, we are taking our Honeymoon. We are starting off at a remote (like 2 miles down a dirt road remote) resort in St. Lucia. We are then doing a little island hoping for a bit around the rest of the Lesser Antilles. We don't really have much of an itinerary, but we do have our passports and a lot of sunscreen. Correction, I have a lot of sunscreen. When we return from this trip Dave will look like the freshly toasted offspring of George Hamilton, and I will look like Gollum's sister, but with more hair.

I'll hopefully bring back many photos and stories for you. In the meantime, check out some of the blogs of my peeps in my sidebar. They are always posting interesting stories/tidbits/photos that should keep you highly entertained in my absence.

Be back in a few weeks!

2 comments:

bea said...

that sounds pretty awesometastic. have lots of fun!

carolyn said...

here's to a great trip! sounds fantabulous!