Tuesday, June 05, 2007

All my pictures seem to fade to black and white

Alex and Lis
Last month was filed with so much color...when I get around to finishing the honeymoon pics you will see what I mean. This month I am switching gears and only shooting in Black & White. I haven't shot in B&W for years...back when I was using a completely manual(gasp!) camera and used a dark room. Is it possible that I am old enough for that? With my new camera, which I really need a good name for, I can shoot in B&W and not have to pay extra for film or developing. So I am pushing my boundaries here a little, and learning that it is harder that I thought.

This is "Bea" and Lis. Lis is my friend, in real life and in blog life, and Bea is her friend. I met Bea for the first time today, but I have been reading his blog for a while now(because it is awesome, you should read it too). It was great to finally talk to him in person, but I felt like I already knew him, or part of him anyway. I imagine this is what pen pals used to feel like when they met for the first time. I say used to, because who has a pen pal anymore? This may sound weird to you non-bloggers, but if you blog you are probably feeling me. He is also hard not to like in real life, mainly because in a few weeks he will be walking from Yankee Stadium to Fenway Park, yes walking, and making a film about it! How cool is that?!? I can't wait to read all about it.

Our friend Bethany was also there, and she blogs too. It was a party, a big blog party. [Bonus points if you get that reference] I took pictures of Bethany too, but they didn't come out. This B&W thing is going to be an adjustment...a test of my patience really. This relearning curve should be interesting.

2 comments:

Lis said...

Yay! Bloggers unite! Bea's beard looks pretty awesome in black and white, both more rugged and more refined. Its a conundrum.

Number 4 of 5 said...

Solid word, Lis, solid word. I love that black and white adds that element...that undescribable quality.