Friday, August 17, 2007

Running Down A Dream

I told myself at the beginning of this year that I was going to take my photography more seriously. I didn't know what form that would take at the time, but I made a silent promise to myself to push my own boundaries a little harder. The first step was the photo blog, and even though I learned that a daily blog isn't the best design for me, it was a step in the right direction. Then other things started happening, the two magazine covers, a new camera, a few small paying jobs, etc. These were all small ways for me to put my tentacles out into the world and test the waters. Well the water has been nice, so I am taking another plunge. Starting in a few weeks I will be a full fledged photography student. Yes, art school. I have been dreaming about this for a long time, longer than most of you know, but it is actually happening and I am ecstatic. While researching programs I found a program at Boston University that was perfect for my needs...I was looking for an actual program, not just community art classes. I was thinking about enrolling when I finally move back to Boston, but because I think this was meant to be BU is opening a campus in Georgetown. Genius. The program is completely digital photography, so I will be learning so many fun new things based on current technology. It is also a very practical program, preparing me for work in the field. This just feels like the right thing to do, so I am going to run with that feeling. So, yey! Fun new adventures in my world!! Hopefully some more to announce in the near future.

3 comments:

beamer said...

congratulations! that's incredible. good luck and i can't wait to watch the photos as you do this.

Number 4 of 5 said...

Thanks again Bea! It will be interesting to see how my work changes.

carolyn said...

that's totally awesome. i need to know more about this program!