Friday, August 31, 2007

This is heaven to no one else but me

I contacted the editor of local, read free, newspaper last night to see if I could work with them and take some photos. I included a link to my flickr page because I wanted him to be able to see some of my work. He responded very quickly, and was extremely enthusiastic about the idea. I am still gushing about the compliments he gave. I meet with him next week, and hope to start covering some local events soon. Now granted, this won't be a paying job, but this paper gets a lot of exposure in my neighborhood, and around the city, which is exactly what I need right now. I am pumped, this should be really fun.

We are off to the Outer Banks for the long weekend...yes, more beach time. Enjoy your day celebrating Labor!

1 comment:

carolyn said...

wow - good idea on your part. that's going to be a fun project and definitely good exposure!!