Monday, September 24, 2007

Everywhere are signs

My new school starts tonight, and I am nervous/anxious/very excited. It is funny to think that the next year and a half of my life will be consumed by photography and this program, but I have no idea what it is going to be like yet. There are so many questions...Is this going to be worth the money? Will I learn as much as I want? What will the instructors be like? What will my classmates be like? Will they know more than me? Take better pictures? (This is my ultra competitive side kicking in) I didn't sleep well last night, and have been fairly anxious about it for a week or so. Ninety percent of me thinks it is going to be awesome, it is the other ten percent that worries too much.

This morning has been spent thinking about it, but trying to not think about it. That never works. Then my friend Lis sent me a link that brightened up my morning, and put a little spring in my step (even though I am sitting). Looks like the DCist used another one of my photos today. Now, again, I know this isn't Newsweek, but it gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling inside to see my photo in a public place. I really like that photo too, so it is even better. Oh, and the newspaper I am shooting for comes out with some of my first photos in it this week. Baby steps people, baby steps.

I am taking all of this as a good sign. Photography school is the place for me right now, I ninety percent know it. I told one of my friends last week that I felt like I was jumping off a cliff again. She responded by saying that that feeling is always a good sign, and that we have to take chances to be happy. I think she is right, and that makes the other ten percent of me feel so much better.

No comments: