Sunday, September 23, 2007

So long RFK

Batting Practice

We attended the last Nationals home game today, which means the end of baseball at RFK stadium. The Nats new ball field opens next spring, full of all the fancy bells and whistles needed to entertain people who aren't there to watch the game anyway. Sigh. I like RFK. It was a great place to see a baseball game, and we saw many games there. We tried to guess how many today, and our best estimate was a minimum of fifty games. I don't doubt that the new stadium will be nice, most new ballparks are, it is just sad to say good bye to an era. I am also one of the minority who thought that spending money on renovating RFK was a much better idea then building a new one. Oh well, time goes on I guess.

3 comments:

Clarkson said...

I love the way you started this post. What was the book you read on your honeymoon?

Number 4 of 5 said...

Hardy Har Har. Whose side are you on anyway? I think you and Dave have had enough bonding.

Houseboy said...

I don't remember what the book was, but I had a great time on her honeymoon. Thanks Clarkson.