Monday, October 22, 2007

Downright Autumnal

Late afternoon, autumn

There was some fabulous fall weather this past weekend in the Nations Capitol. Saturday Ms. Clarkson and I headed out to Virginia's horse country for an event that involved free food, drinks and lots of horses.
Shower
Yesterday Dave I hiked Catoctin Mountain, and it could not have been more beautiful outside. Between the clear blue sky and the changing leaves, we couldn't have asked for a better day. I have been taking so many pictures lately, but they are for school, and not really blog or flickr appropriate. There are lots of people pictures, but I doubt the subjects want to find themselves online, you know? This weekend I finally took some shots that are post-able.
Catoctin Mountain

The hike was major. Dave and I sat on the rocks at this overlook for a while just talking, planning, and plotting. After the scenery, isn't half the fun of a good hike the company?

1 comment:

Lis said...

Wow, what a gorgeous view. It was a great weekend for a hike.