Thursday, November 08, 2007

Guys only want girlfriends who have skills.

I am waist deep in photography related projects, and I couldn't be happier about it. My second class just finished, and I have so much information about my camera settings, shooting, computer editing, printing, and web applications that I am bursting to use them all. My program rocks, and is very hands on. I love the practicality of it all. These are the first classes I have taken since Junior High School shop that have been this practical. (And for the record, I was the first one in my eighth grade machine shop class to take my engine apart and put it back together. I am mentioning this because the only glory that ever came from that task I completed over seventeen years ago is being able to mention it at any given opportunity.) Anyway, the photography is a very different experience from any other classes I have taken. Don't get me wrong, I love talking about theories, ideas, themes, interpretations, meanings, and connections. Heck, I practically majored in bullshitting as an undergrad. But at some point it is just nice to be able to stop thinking and writing, and start doing. You know? Now I have skills, mad skills.

No comments: