Wednesday, December 05, 2007

More Vienna

I have slowly been going through my images from the trip and thought I would share some here.

Rathaus, Vienna

This is the Rathaus, or Vienna city hall. There is probably some better way to pronounce it, but I just kept calling it the Rat House all week. Despite never taking a German class, I can understand a good amount of what people are saying, but pronunciation is another problem. I find that nodding and pointing works very well.

I took this shot, excuse me, "made this image", from the Volkgarten. There were rows, and rows of plants wrapped up in burlap sacks that fascinated me. They looked creepy, and I think work well here.

Dave, Vienna Museum
This is Dave at the Vienna Museum. Or as I like to think of this image, "I am done looking at all the medieval weaponry and now have to wait for my wife and sister to stop looking at the art."
Dead Fish

The Natural History Museum, or the Naturhistorisches Museum, was enormous, and loaded with room, after room, after room of animals, birds, fish, reptiles, dinosaurs and every other dead earthly thing you can imagine. It was intense. And beautiful. And sometimes a little creepy. After passing through dozens of rooms, and seeing thousands of dead things, I put my face up against the glass of a hollowed out tree with what I presumed to be an old, inactive ant farm. Turns out it was an active ant farm, with thousands of live ants, not dead ones. There was only minor screaming involved.

These are some dead fish, in an image I like to call, "Dead Fish."

1 comment:

she's so blase said...

Good to have you back! Your photography is stunning, you really are gifted. I love the wrapped bushes, they look like ghosts or spirits or something. They give the photo so much emotion. It's cold and eery, but it definitely evokes emotion.
I came across this website today... http://www.diyphotography.net/diy_create_your_own_bokeh
don't know if you've ever seen it, but thought it might interest you.