Sunday, February 03, 2008

I can't decide which one I like better

_MG_3663

As I mentioned in my last post, I am in love with the studio. Playing with the strobes, and the hot lights, and the soft boxes, and the c stands, and the cards, and the gobos...it is like crack. But crack for photographers. Crack that is going to get me paid...so maybe it is like crack in reverse...I don't know what I am talking about.

I am at that point where everything is so new to me that I am just testing the limits of what can be done with certain pieces of equipment. I feel like a little kid just exploring. Sometimes I try things a certain way and it doesn't work, but that leads to me learning something else new and totally cool. Then sometimes it just goes right, and that is the coolest feeling ever. I have been known to scream out in joy when something goes right, or when I have figured out something that has been driving me nuts. I have been told that I am having too much fun. How cool is that?


_MG_3677

5 comments:

beamer said...

So great. In my unprofessional opinion I'd say the top one. More striking w/ higher contrast. You're doing great work.

Lis said...

Agreed, I like the top one the best as well. Though they're both impressive.

carolyn said...

i like the second one b/c you get a sense of the whole glass / the top one looks almost one-dimensional.

Numero Uno said...

I like the 2nd one as well.

BTW - like the new banner - did it come from the studio as well???

Meaghan said...

Thanks everyone!! I think they are similar, but would be used for different purposes. Lighting is so fun!

Yes, the new banner was done in the studio. If you notice on the left side of the bubbles you will see a copyright symbol...we were just being silly and added that with the lights.