Friday, March 21, 2008

Welcome to Washington

Welcome to Washington
A few months ago The Clarkson and I took a walk around the Capitol building on a warm winter day. There is a park on the Senate side, between Union Station and the Dome, where about 57 million assorted cops hang out...Secret Service, Capitol Police, District Police, what have you. In fact, that day when The Clarkson and I paused in front of large garage door, a nice uniformed police man jumped out of his little booth to see if he could help us. And by help us, I mean, tell us to keep moving on. You know, because she and I and are actually a dangerous threat to the security of the nation. Anyway, after we did move along, we spotted a bench to park our behinds. As we were chatting away, I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye, something that my friend was inches from sitting on...a pretty little needle left for us from one of the friendly neighborhood intravenous drug users. How lovely. It is nice to know that in such a big heartless city even the heroin addicts can find a nice safe place, surrounded by dozens of armed guards and security cameras, to get their fix. It leaves me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Photo Friday, "Found Objects"

1 comment:

Clarkson said...

Did you ever know that you're my hero?