Monday, April 21, 2008

Year One

Year One
It has been one year since we got married, or as Dave likes to tease me, it was one year ago that we ran into Derek Jeter...hahaha, he knows me well. If we ever create any spawn, I image that is how he will describe our wedding day to them, the day your Mom got agro at the Yankee shortstop. His fault, he could have been nice to us.

We spent most of last week in New York celebrating. Celebrating for us means watching baseball and eating mass quantities of cheap NYC eats. It was awesome. We saw the Nats play the Mets at Shea on Tuesday, and the Sox play the Yanks at the Death Star on Wednesday. Unfortunately, both of our teams lost, but it was still a ton of fun. OK, watching hordes or Yankees fans cheering against my boys was not fun, but it was still a great experience...even the part where some chick behind us with the worst accent you have ever heard, screamed that Jorge Posada was "such a hottie." Ew.

There was probably a fifteen minute time span from when we checked into our hotel, to when we stood in line for some Shake Shack. Man that place is so yummy. The next day we hit up Katz's Deli for the first time, which may be one of the most memorable meals of my entire existence. I never knew that a simple pastrami sandwich could taste like that. It is no wonder that Rob Reiner chose to film the "I'll have what she is having" scene from When Harry Met Sally there. We grabbed pizza at Lombardi's which calls itself the original NYC pizza parlor. It was a simple, classic pizza with fresh mozzarella and basil. Perfect. There were other bites of things here and there...Belgian frites, gelatto, apple tarts, and sushi (you know that wasn't me, but he said it was great).

Overall, a great trip. In fact, a great year. We went through a lot of life's ups and downs this past year, but that is the great roller coaster of life. It is just better now that I have someone to hold my hand the whole time.

2 comments:

NTS said...

Dave,

Is that a Nationals hat and a Nationals shirt? I hope that you were also wearing your baseball pants that day for the full uniform...

Meaghan said...

I love the Dave taunting.

He actually had his Nationals underoos on that day too. He is very passionate about his team.